Thursday, March 27, 2014

At Home With two toddlers and a newborn.

Whew I have almost made it on my own for a month! I am so proud of myself haha. It has been crazy! Not as hard as I thought just crazy moments. More good than bad. I have had my post-op appointment. I had a reaction to my Steri-Strips. That has not been fun at all. The care of my incision is taking longer that it has in the past.Little trick I have used also to keep my incision dry because of the dreaded flap. Use a folded up breast pad to keep it dry.  I got put on birth control for the first time in my life. I got the depo-shot because it went well with me breast feeding and I will not have to remind myself to take it all the time. But geez my arm three days later is still killing me! Lily went to her kosair appointment no murmur but she has something called PFO. It's normal in her age at one year we have to go get it checked again. I don't even notice her little hand anymore nor do I let it bother me anymore. She is going to be just fine. My daughter saw it and asked why does Lily have 3 hands? I said you mean fingers? So she counted them and asked why again. I said because she was just born like that. That's all that has ever been said. I believe Lily was put into our lives with this "condition" because we will love her and all of her family will no matter what! We have the capability to take of her anyway possible emotionally and financially. Not many families or kids can say this. She is almost one month and my breast milk and a occasional formula has kept her alive. I am so lucky my friend has let me use her breast pump. That is whenever I get a chance which is not that often seeing how she is always latched on. I am doing way better than I have in the past. This child has no problem latching on. I do have to say I am so tired with breast feeding, my incision care. bills, remembering everything!! I have hit my wall today.  Breast feeding didn't go as well last night. I am worried about Lydia learning the things she needs to learn to start school this year. Mason still isn't talking as well as he should be. Keeping the house cleaned. Keeping on top of bills , doctors appointments, money. Making sure Lily is getting everything she needs. I worry about all the lunchable and quick snacks I am giving the kids. I use to hand make everything for them. Now it's whats easy and quick. Making sure I am doing everything I can to supply more breast milk. Remembering to eat and drink lots of water hasn't been so easy. Saying I am overwhelmed at the moment I feel is a understatement. Just breath I keep telling myself. Like I said before more good moments than bad. I am trying to find the time to catch up on a show or spend one on one time with one of the babies. Of course trying to find some time with my husband. There has been a lot of couch sleeping and kids in our bed. It's been hard. But I do not want to complain! We are very lucky folks! 



New born things. I can't live without this go around. 

When I get the chance instead of bleach I plan on using this for toy cleaning. But for bottle use and pacifier cleaning it's great!

The vibration mode Lily is in love with this and so am I. I am so glad some friends of mine talked me into getting this fisher price bassinet. It's easy to fold and take with us. It's so cute and just great. Fits perfectly beside our bed. Rocks well. I just love it!

I got this starter kit from my parents and I love these bottles and all the extras that came with it! Lily also drinks well out of these.

I got these from my sister she raved about them so she got me some. They are great these and the advent bottles are the only bottles Lily will drink out of .   




I have learned to live without a lot of things this go around. But these new things I have tried are great. Of course my moby wrap which I use besides a stroller it's so much easier and nicer to have about. 



 We have been trying to get out of the house when we can with the kids. To let them know they are special to. Its been hard since they have both been acting out jealously every once in awhile. Our son has been the worse. But I am sure when Lily gets up and goes with them they will not care anymore.




My beautiful Lily.


Future Hilltopper!

She finally held her sister and didn't want to let go after.

So this is love.

My girls.





Having three kids is everything and more than I thought it would be. Do I want more? I think we will stop right here.I love my girls and I love my boy. I love my family and I wouldn't change any of it for the world. I love being a mom at the worse times and the best of times. It is the best job in the world. I know I was put on this earth to be these kids mommy and to be a wife to my husband. I love painting and there is this whole other side to me. But it doesn't come close to being a mom. I love my life and everything that goes with it. Being overwhelmed and not having myself together. Bills, money problems. All of that stuff only last a little bit. My babies being babies and toddlers only last for a little bit. So I am enjoying it all because one day they won't need me to kiss their booboos or rock them. But right now they do. So right now I am living for right now.

2 comments: